IRRV Annual Scottish Conference & Exhibition 2017
At the heart of Scotland’s public services
The Crieff Hydro Hotel, Crieff,
6th – 7th September 2017
Valid for IRRV CPD Points
DOWNLOAD BOOKING FORM DOWNLOAD BROCHURE
The Institute is delighted to announce details of its 2017 Scottish Conference. The Conference is – by popular demand – returning to the Crieff Hydro Hotel, where conference attendees will have the opportunity to enjoy the excellent recreational facilities set in beautiful surroundings.
The theme of this year’s Conference – “At the heart of Scotland’s public services” – comes at an important time for Scotland and will look in-depth at the key issues facing the public services, with particular emphasis on valuation, benefits and revenues issues. There are many significant issues affecting revenues, valuation, benefits and welfare reform ahead and the IRRV Scottish Conference will again live up to its long-standing reputation of being at the forefront of debating key issues and solutions.
In addition to delivering key updates on these big issues and encouraging debate about these, conference will also examine the improved delivery of Scottish public services in a time of financial challenge and will examine how to provide quality services, with an emphasis on continuing improvement into the future.
The Institute is again indebted to Scott and Co who are our Overall Conference Sponsor at Crieff 2017.
Conference sessions include:
- Ministerial Address: Cabinet Secretary for Finance and Constitution (invitation)
- The future of rates: Barclay Review Outcomes
- The future of council tax: viability and hope for change
- Public sector budget challenges: The next five years
- Progress on Welfare Reform and the delivery of Universal Credit – an update from DWP
- Council Tax collection: Benchmarking and improving lower bands collection performance
- Universal Credit Full Service – challenges in practice
- Better procurement in revenues and benefits
- Personal Budgeting and support – preparing for Universal Credit
- Collection and recovery: challenges lying ahead
- DWP – topical issues session – Right Benefit Initiative, Wider Use of Real Time Information (WuRTI), debt and HB fraud referrals and other current challenges
- Water issues – round-table discussion : + Water Billing and Collection Order
- + Water Direct
- Welfare Reform – Devolved social security
- Team motivation all year round
- Shared Services – challenges to deliver on the ground
- Revaluation 2017 – a view from the North East
This year sees a comprehensive programme of sessions for valuation professionals, including:
- Scottish Appeals Volumes and New Regulations • Check Challenge Appeal
- Self Assessment – can it work?
- Brexit & the Scottish Property Market
- Harmonisation – is it viable?
- Receipts and expenditure valuations – the issues
- Entries in the Valuation Roll – Reconstruction – Monk v Newbiggin
- Entries in the Valuation Roll – Under Construction
- Entries in the Valuation Roll – Completion Certificates
EXHIBITION AND AWARDS AREA
A key feature of any Conference is the exhibition, which in recent years has grown substantially in both number and range of stands, providing delegates with the opportunityto visit companies specialising in many areas of interest. We are pleased to announce that there will also again be a Scottish Awards Area, where Scottish organisations entered for the IRRV Performance Awards will have the opportunity to showcase their entries.
This year’s Conference programme is both wide-ranging and will be of great interest to all who have a role to play in local taxation, valuation, benefits and related fields.
The afternoon sessions are designed to appeal particularly to those at the ‘sharp end’ of service delivery. Special rates are available for those attending afternoon sessions only, when accompanied by a full or day delegate. The Institute is also pleased to advise that IRRV Students will again have their
own Seminar at the Scottish Conference (on Thursday 7th September) and this will also enable them to attend several of the main Conference sessions. Details will be sent to students directly.
This conference and accompanying exhibition is a major event in the Scottish local government calendar and offers everyone with an interest in local government and related fields, the opportunity to debate key issues, listen to new ideas and make a contribution by expressing their opinions.
DELEGATE FEES FROZEN!
The IRRV Scottish Conference remains excellent value for money with fees frozen for the ninth year running, making it one of the best value major events in the Scottish calendar. These are as follows:
Rate A – Full Residential Delegate
£448.00 (plus £89.60 VAT)
Rate B – Non-Residential Delegate
£364.00 (plus £72.80 VAT) (excludes Gala Dinner)
Rate C – Day Delegate (per day)
£234.00 (plus £46.80 VAT)
Note: IRRV members will receive a 10% Discount on Rates A & B
The IRRV Scottish Conference offers outstanding value for money: two buffet lunches, the Conference Gala Dinner,
bed and breakfast accommodation at the Crieff Hydro Hotel (subject to availability) including free use of parking and leisure facilities, coffee and tea at various times, all conference documentation including speakers’ handouts, and free entrance to the conference exhibition – all for £448 plus £89.60 VAT.
The Institute is again including excellent delegate offers to encourage attendance. Every fourth delegate (of the same Delegate Rate Type) from the same organisation comes entirely free of charge. Additionally, where an organisation has at least two full delegates (ie Rate A or B), it will be permitted to send up to 4 “half day” delegates to the afternoon sessions only on either day of the Conference for only £135 + £27.00 VAT.
ADDITIONAL NIGHT’S ACCOMMODATION
For residential delegates also wishing to stay on Tuesday 5th September, we are able to arrange Bed and Breakfast accommodation at the Crieff Hydro Hotel for an additional £84.00 plus £16.80 VAT (subject to availability). Should you require this, please tick the appropriate box on the booking form.
We are delighted to advise that there will be a golf competition as part of Scottish Conference again this year.
Please contact the IRRV Scotland Office on 01382 456029 – firstname.lastname@example.org – for an application form and further details.
The Institute reserves the right to charge a supplementary fee of £250.00 plus £50.00 VAT per person to representatives of commercial organisations not exhibiting or supporting the Conference and wishing to register delegates.
All speakers are subject to confirmation. The Institute reserves the right to alter the programme as necessary without notice.
DOWNLOAD BOOKING FORM
If you have any queries, please contact
IRRV Development Manager,
2A Argyle Street,
Telephone/Fax – 01382 456029
email - email@example.com